It's all about stories. Our past, future, and present. Now we want to tell our stories - meaningful and unique.
Astrolabe Stories is a gaming project of the Games’ Development and Research Association GameUP. The main aim of Astrolabe Stories is to make meaningful games with unforgettable stories. We are a group of experienced storytellers and enthusiasts of story design. Just as the astrolabe showed the direction of travel, for us such a way of navigating is telling unique stories. With a group of our students, we decided to start our journey together and make our first game.
Each of us appreciates games with stories that touch the heart and make us think about life. That is why we want to create stories that will leave a mark on players' memories.
On the 25th of March 2022 we've released "Last Threshold", our first game, heavily inspired by the work of H.P. Lovecraft and his followers, which allows you to learn about the extraordinary history of a mysterious temple in Siberia. We decided on the visual novel genre because we wanted the player to empathize with the hero struggling with the dark secrets of the temple, difficult weather conditions, and his past.
Soon after the release of our debut, we decided to expand the Threshold universe. We have started to make webcomics "Chronicles of Aleleke", also you can read the prequel of Last Threshold on our social media ("Karol Staszewski's diary"). We are working on a standalone comic that will help us to expand our universe.
On 21.12.2022 we published "Ballads and Romances", a visual novel game in collaboration with The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of Poland. This visual novel shows the origins of "Ballads and Romances", the literary debut of Adam Mickiewicz, a great Polish poet in the Romanticism Epoque.
Now we are working on new projects, in which we want to focus on telling the stories of protagonists, whose fates will allow us to tell a bit more about human nature and much more! You will have to wait a little longer for more information. Stay tuned!
- Adam Flamma - Father of chaos (and games)
- Nina Świłło - Miracle maker (art, graphics, and managing)
- Szymon Stoczek - Father of stories (yep, that's him!)
- Szymon Makuch - Wizard of finances (and copyright - love of his life)
- Aleksandra „Alexia” Majerska - Lady of Posts (social media specialist)
- Michał Hawełka - IT guy
- Fazal Khan - Video and VFX Magic Maker (visual magic - bringing imagination to life)
- Aleksandra Browarska - Lady of Stories (writer)
- Kamil Mazerant - Lord of Sounds (sound designer)
- Patrycja Skałecka-Wodziczko - Lady of Art (lead graphic designer)
- Antoni Jastrzębski - Lord of characters (character & 2d artist)
- Sara Grzelak - 2d miracle maker (2d artist)
- Zuzanna Nowicka - 2d miracle maker (2d artist)
- Karolina Lewicka - 2d miracle maker (2d artist)
- Jan Pusiarski - 2d miracle maker (2d artist)
- Anna Bielecka - Lady of Concepts (concept artist)
- Wiktor Pawlik - Master of Design (gameplay designer & technical producer)
- Damian Frycz - Lord of Puzzles (game designer)
- Ilias Abdeljalil - Lord of the code (programmer)
- Jacek Godlewski - Lord of raports (QA Tester)
We started thinking about making our debut game.
We made a team ready for all types of challenges :)
Conceptual work on the game has started - the fun has just begun!
We started the real game development process. It's starting to get serious ;)
The release of our first game "Last Threshold"!
We begun co-operation with Feardemic sp. z.o.o. for publishing "Last Threshold" on consoles
"Last Threshold" release on Nintendo Switch console
The release of our second game "Ballads and romances"!
"Ballads and romances" released on mobile devices
BALLADS AND ROMANCES
The year is 1822. Adam Mickiewicz is preparing to publish his literary debut. In a moment, the world will know his groundbreaking Ballads & romances. Go with the poet on a journey through his memories and find out what contributed to the creation of such ballads as Świteź, Primrose, or Romanticism.
During the game, you will learn interesting facts from the life of Adam Mickiewicz, and you will experience events together with the poet, the echoes of which live in his works!
The game is available in Polish and English, as well as in color and black and white.
"Last Threshold" is a visual novel game inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, as well as historical events (exile to Siberia). During the game, the player learns the history of the expedition to investigate the mysterious ruins of a temple belonging to the Siberian people of Chukchi.
The game is available in Polish, English, German, French, and in near future also in Spanish.